Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum - the largest Ford Energy and Hybrid Forum Community!

In order to create topics or post replies, you must first please register, however, it's a simple process that takes only a minute.

Be apart of the Ford Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and upload photos. . .more

Guest Message by DevFuse

Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum

Photo
- - - - -

Ford C-Max Hybird or Ford C-Max Energi? Which one are you buying?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lisamendoza

lisamendoza

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S.A.
  • LocationSweet home Alabama
  • My Hybrid:None Yet
  • Current Vehicle:Honda Pilot

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm getting the hybrid, should take delivery in a few days - projected for 9/26. I needed a car real soon and the rumors are the energi is 5 months behind the hybrid (Ford has announced 5 months behind for the Fusion energi so I figure the same for the C-Max). If the energi was available I would have gotten it.

Congrats on the upcoming purchase of you hybrid. Why would you have purchased the energi over the hybrid?

Picked up our new hybrid last weekend. SEL Model with package 302A

The good things: Very good visibility, very quiet on the road and very smooth ride.

The not so good: Noisy A/C. The noise is only noticeable outside the car or if you have your windows down but when we left the house the other day our neighbor asked me what is wrong with your car? Dealer says it is because the A/C is powered by the batteries. They call it "electric" A/C. The good thing about it is that it doesn't shut off when you stop the car like some hybrids.

First tank of gas we got 43 Mpg. Dealer says that will improve. Will have to wait and see.

Not sure about sync yet. Voice recognition has not worked well for me but will give it time. I have a Galaxy Nexus Phone and it does not work for streaming music.

Anyway, so far, even with the bad, We are pleased. Color is Ice Storm. Would have been nice if they had dual exhausts. IMHO if a car has a muffler that looks like the 1950 model, it takes away from the "class" of the car.

I rented a Mariner hybrid some years ago and you're right about the A.C. When you stopped at a light, the A.C. would idle off. Luckily, we're rural and that's not a problem all too often. I'm liking what I hear about the mid-40s MPG.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   walksween

walksween

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFarmington Hills, Mi
  • My Hybrid:C-MAX Hybrid
  • Current Vehicle:Mercury Mariner Hybrid

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

We will get the Cmax Hybrid in red in a few weeks. We live in Michigan a few miles from where they build it, but can only find a couple at the dealer to look at....so we ordered one.

#23 OFFLINE   Kam

Kam

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

That's going to be a sharp looking ride. Please post some pictures of the red one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·