Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum - the largest Ford Energy and Hybrid Forum Community!

In order to create topics or post replies, you must first please register, however, it's a simple process that takes only a minute.

Be apart of the Ford Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and upload photos. . .more

Guest Message by DevFuse

Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum

Photo
- - - - -

Exiting C-Max - seat height

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   valleyvolt

valleyvolt

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S.A.
  • LocationUnited states of america
  • My Hybrid:None Yet
  • Current Vehicle:Chevy Volt

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Because of medical problems I have problems exiting vehicles, especially if their seat height is too low for my weak legs to stand me up.  Is the seat height of a C-Max higher than a typical sedan?  Also, is the seat height of the C-Max adjustable through much of a range?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   SEL

SEL

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWest
  • Current Vehicle:Buick Enclave

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I have not actually measured, but the reason we are in a Cmax is the seat hieght.  Mrs. SEL and I just returned from a 100 mile ride and she was commenting that she does not feel anymore confined than she did in our Buck Enclave.

One thing: Do not even consider the SE.  We initally drove it and the non-power sears are not good. Plus, there was a subtle smell from them that sickened Mrs. SEL. She is sensitive to smells, anyway, and is the only person I know that does not like "that new car smell," yet there was something beyond that in MHO.

Drive it. :rockon:

Edited by SEL, 27 January 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • My Hybrid:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

That is the one thing I noticed about the Cmax when I test drove it, you dont climb out of it, you step out of it.  That was one thing I did like like about it, but it also gave it that minivan feel that I didn't like about it. 

#4 OFFLINE   nanette

nanette

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I agree, the seat height is helpful for those of us who have difficulty "climbing" out of car seats.  I, too, have an SEL and have no problem stepping out of mine.

#5 OFFLINE   jimposey

jimposey

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I traded off a C6 Corvette for my cmax because I wanted ease of entry/exit and it is a great height as I have steel cage in my back

#6 OFFLINE   macmic6

macmic6

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi, 2006 E350 ext van 6.0 turbo, 2012 Fusion Hybrid, 2003 Harley Road Glide

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

My DH has a 2012 Fusion hybrid. I just got my C-Max Energi. The Energi is much easier to get out of. The seat height is higher than the Fusion. I have arthritis and getting out of the Fusion is not my favorite thing to do. I have had SUV's since 1996 until now so getting used to the C-Max is a change, but I do just step out. I have to lift myself up and out of DH Fusion. 

#7 OFFLINE   tommy

tommy

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBethesda Md
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

We bought the C Max as a car we can further age in ( already in early 70s)  and the height of the seats and head room are important to us.  We had an Oldsmobile Aurora with power seats which we liked very much and would have purchased again with our C Max but had to get leather seats,  which we did not  want-- too much maintenance-- so bought an SE.  We are very pleased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·