Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum - the largest Ford Energy and Hybrid Forum Community!

In order to create topics or post replies, you must first please register, however, it's a simple process that takes only a minute.

Be apart of the Ford Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and upload photos. . .more

Guest Message by DevFuse

Welcome to the Ford Hybrid Forum

Photo
- - - - -

Large Mileage Increase After Software Upgrade

hybrid software update mileage C Max

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike Aesoph

Mike Aesoph

• Ford Hybrid Facebook
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:20 PM

I recently bought a 2013 Ford C Max and was reasonably pleased with the 34.5 MPG that I was getting.  I took it in for a software upgrade and the mileage jumped to almost 45 MPG which is more in line with the C Max ratings.  This mileage rate continued for well over a week, but then over the next couple weeks, the mileage has slipped back down to around 38.  I was just wondering if the upgrade truly increased the mileage, or was it just a distorted reading based on a "reset" of something.  I think the >40 MPG was real as I partially confirmed it via fill up gallons and mileage driven.  Is there any way to keep the mileage at almost 45 MPG??  Or is there some parameter being set and charging too aggressively damages the battery???

This also begs the question - are there any after market programs that increase mileage?  I am sure that this would not make Ford happy, but just asking for now.  BTW, the SYNC system does out right stink.  I am seriously thinking about getting a separate blue tooth speaker / etc. instead of using the car's.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

• Ford Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

wow that is great

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hybrid, software, update, mileage, C Max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·